Community and Social Media Specialist
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Start date:
About your team
Your e180 team:
At e180, one of our core values is learning “Be a knowledge gardener”. We cultivate human potential by enabling our people to learn from one another. We love to create rewarding learning experiences for our employees, clients and our community and want to increase the impact of collaborative learning around the world. We have invented Braindate, our flagship product, which helps people around the world, connect with each other and share their knowledge.
The Community and Social Media Manager’s position is housed within e180’s Marketing and Communications team. Our team is welcoming, cozy and collaborative! We work closely with everyone, but most often with the Sales and Braindate Experience teams. You will work with our marketing team (experts in marketing, communication and design). The team will continue to grow over the next year and double in size.
We like to share our tasks and the progress of projects, and meet regularly with each of the other teams at e180 for creative work, project ideation and feedback sessions. We take a prototyping and incremental iteration approach to test certain hypotheses and implement strategic tactics and projects. We usually work on several projects at the same time. If this kind of collaborative teamwork appeals to you, you will fit in perfectly with us.
The global pandemic has allowed us to reinvent ourselves and take advantage of growth opportunities in new markets. We have segmented our services to meet specific needs into 4 segments; Events, Organizations, Community and General Public. This position will help us, among other things, to achieve our growth plan by entering new markets and target new audiences. This role is essential in raising worldwide awareness on Braindate and attracting new partners and clients.
We are looking for a qualified Community and Social media Manager to join our marketing team! If you are a self-driven and ambitious tech-savvy professional we would love to meet you! We are expecting you to be experienced in social media, PR and promotional events. Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
Tasks may include:
- Set, plan and implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for all social media and professional accounts
- Monitor, respond, track and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and manage events to boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments
- Build relationships with customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
Qualities that could set you apart:
- Do you have an educational background in marketing and or knowledge of online marketing? – We can’t wait to meet you!
- Do you have years (one at least) of relevant professional experience planning and leading community initiatives or have your life experiences allowed you to develop the equivalent knowledge? – We want to hear from you!
- Do you have the ability to work autonomously while eager to contribute to team goals? – You’ll fit right in!
- Do you consider yourself to be a lifelong learner and have the desire to always grow? – You’ll love working with us!
- Do you have experience in the event industry and/or the tech sector? – It will be a great asset!
- Do you have excellent writing and verbal communication skills? – You’re just the person we’re looking for!
- Do you have the ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs, interpret website traffic, and be hands on with social media management? – That’ll be a huge plus!
** Yes, we know that’s a lot to ask! You don’t have to be a master of all of this, but rather have the desire to learn (and become the best!) in each of these aspects. **
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- The “learning technology” industry
- Demand generation and acquisition
- Using business as a force for good
- Growth and scaling marketing and business strategies
- Your own self-directed learning goals
Our team also looks forward to learning from your experiences and knowledge!
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. We invented Braindate, our flagship product, to help people and communities connect and learn from one another. While our product and services have evolved over the years, our mission remains the same: unlocking human greatness by helping people learn from one another.
Why you’ll love it here
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. Our values influence everything from our decision-making processes to the ways in which we celebrate one another. Here are the values that drive us:
- Be a knowledge gardener:
- Share knowledge, grow through learning, and plant the seeds of human greatness.
- Inspire collaboration:
- Bring your creative brain power and change lives. Let’s make a difference together.
- Be fearless:
- Be audacious and autonomous, trust uncertainty, forge your own path, and embrace the journey.
- Lead with love:
- Be kind to yourself and others, and create conditions where everyone can succeed through diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize our team’s happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly game nights, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. Remote work is also an option for all team members.
You’ll get to travel.
Paris, Doha, Berlin – we’ve activated Braindate at iconic events all over the world. Once it’s safe, our team will have the opportunity to travel to support and experience the impact of Braindate productions across the globe.
The great benefits that set us apart:
e180 wants to offer the best conditions, the best environment, the best benefits in addition to the salary. While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to all our full-time employees:
- Unmeasured Vacation: We encourage a good work-life balance. We offer a vacation policy that allows you to be away when you need it and independently manage the impact your absence may have on your team, clients, projects and company goals.
- Insurance: Health care benefits are available to all employees.
- We also provide a health management account of $ 500 / year which could be allocated for what you want (massage, dental, gym, etc.)
- Potential annual bonuses based on business results;
- Remote workspace improvement bonus;
- Learn Quest Program ($1000);
- Benefits programs:
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Bonus;
- Home Internet Connection Bonus;
- Public transit/bixi bonus (to come)
- Financing programs:
- Computer Purchase;
- Remote workspace improvement;
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.