- Montreal (remote possibility) and potential travel in the future
- Full time or Contract basis
- English (fluent), French (functional), other languages are a great asset
About your team
Experience Producers are part of the Experience Team which designs and delivers transformative learning experiences for e180’s clients. The team plays a crucial contributing role to e180’s evolution because they are the primary implementers of the Braindate experience in collaboration with large scale event organizers. Not only that, the Experience Team is responsible for guiding our clients through a learning experience of their own as we work together to deliver something meaningful to their communities.
Your team’s rituals and ways of working together
Members of the Experience Team are highly collaborative and very autonomous. Their weekly meetings are a platform for sharing their discoveries on client projects and unblocking new challenges with colleagues across departments at e180. They care deeply about two things: (1) the overall success of their projects and (2) the client’s learning experience embedded within e180’s process for delivering those results.
As e180’s eyes on the ground in many cases, Producers are often called upon to share their perspectives with other teams at e180 to collaboratively unblock challenges or opportunities they might be facing.
As an Experience Producer, you will be in charge of all activities related to the successful delivery of learning experiences around the world, which, for now, often orbit around e180’s Braindate platform. Not only are you there to ensure that the users of Braindate have what they need to participate fully in the experience, you are the owner of your client’s learning as you guide them through the process of building what it takes to generate the impact they are seeking for their community.
Producers are project managers with a passion for research and design, guardians of the timeline but also of learning as a valuable deliverable in itself.
Your daily tasks
- Project coordination (internally and with clients)
- For each Braindate experience, in collaboration with client, you will be:
- Defining a vision for what success looks like
- Defining tangible metrics of success
- Building out participant profiles so that the client uses the right strategy and constructs the experience with Braindate
- Identifying key challenges to focus our shared energy on
- Defining a method for learning about those challenges (with data)
- Designing the ultimate strategy for delivering that vision
- Analyzing data in order to craft a report that completes the client’s learning cycle, all rooted in their vision and set of previously-identified challenges.
- Representing e180’s culture, values and mission when onsite
- Liaising with our Technical Solution team as well as our Virtual Learning Concierges to ensure a seamless participant experience
- Staying up-to-date on e180’s technology and internal tools (new updates and known limitations) as they evolve throughout the year
- Thoroughly documenting your work within e180’s processes and procedures
- Participating in strategic conversations about improvements to internal processes and the services we offer clients and braindate participants
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Experience in project management or event management
- Excellent communication skills and capacity to develop meaningful and compassionate relationships with clients
- Past experience with startup/agile culture
- Experience managing multiple priorities and projects at once
- Initiative, proactiveness & creative drive
- Experiences with approaches such as Design Thinking
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Learning experience design
- Impact/engagement measurement
- Nurturing collaborative client relationships
- Multi-project management
- Your own self-directed learning goals!
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: to transform the way that humans learn.
Why you’ll love it here:
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. These values influence everything from our decision-making process to the ways in which we celebrate one another.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize team happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly gatherings, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. While we have made office space available to our employees in Montreal, you can also choose to work 100% remotely.
You’ll get to travel.
Once it is safe to travel again, every member of our team will have the opportunity to travel to support—and experience!—Braindate productions all over the world.
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.