Integration Specialist (Junior Dev.)
- English (fluent), French (functional)
- Montreal (remote possibility)
- Start date:
About your team
Our Integration Specialist is part of the Experience Team which designs and delivers transformative learning experiences for e180’s clients. The team plays a crucial contributing role to e180’s evolution because they are the primary implementers of the Braindate experience in collaboration with large scale event organizers. Not only that, the Experience Team is responsible for guiding our clients through a learning experience of their own as we work together to deliver something meaningful to their communities.
Your team’s rituals and ways of working together
Members of the Experience Team are highly collaborative and very autonomous. Their weekly meetings are a platform for sharing their discoveries on client projects and unblocking new challenges with colleagues across departments at e180 (Product, Sales, Marketing). This team cares deeply about two things: (1) the overall success of their clients’ Braindate experience and (2) the client’s learning experience in delivering those results.
As an Integration Specialist, you will be in charge of all activities related to the successful delivery of our integrations, as well as supporting our clients with any tech related inquiries.. In order to create a seamless user experience, we integrate with our clients’ event technology. Not only are you there to ensure that the users of Braindate are having a smooth tech experience, you are the owner of developing these integrations in collaboration with our CTO.
Integration Specialists are junior developers with a passion for creating clever integrations that will put our technology in the best light, and who care deeply about offering the best support to our clients and our third party tech partners.
Your daily tasks
- Support our producers, and by extension, our clients, in receiving the best possible experience when deploying our technology.
- Receive, read and document API documentation shared by the client and build integrations in collaboration with our CTO. Essentially you’re building the bridge between their event’s tech tools and our Braindate platform!
- Embody the core values of e180 in your work with other teams so that people love working with us and our technology
- Collaborate with our dev team to prioritize what to deliver for productions.
- Thoroughly documenting your work within e180’s processes and procedures.
- Participating in strategic conversations about improvements to internal processes and the services we offer clients and braindate participants.
- Improve Producer/client autonomy by identifying tasks that can be automated within our CMS
- Contribute to building our client facing knowledge base
- Document your learnings so that our internal team and producers/clients can be more autonomous
- Work with our Tech Partners (client or third party) to design & deliver a great integrated user journey.
Some qualities that will set you apart
- Our codebase is built in Python and a working knowledge of Python is a strong asset
- Being able to decode/understand an API documentation is a must
- Excellent communication skills and capacity to develop meaningful and compassionate relationships with clients
- Past experience with startup/agile culture
- Experience managing multiple priorities and projects at once
- Initiative, proactiveness & creative drive
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Coding & building integrations
- Nurturing collaborative client relationships
- Multi-project management
- Your own self-directed learning goals!
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: to transform the way that humans learn.
Why you’ll love it here:
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. These values influence everything from our decision-making process to the ways in which we celebrate one another.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize team happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly gatherings, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. While we have made office space available to our employees in Montreal, you can also choose to work 100% remotely.
You’ll get to travel.
Once it is safe to travel again, every member of our team will have the opportunity to travel to support—and experience!—Braindate productions all over the world.
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.