- Fluent in English; French an asset
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: to transform the way that humans learn.
Your team’s rituals and ways of working together
We are beginning the process of strengthening our operational capacity and the team that accompanies it. The Operations Manager will thus report directly to the COO, working on a small team that is deeply integrated within many of e180’s core workflows.
Your working environment will mirror e180’s as a whole: we are highly collaborative and curious, and love to dig into deep strategic questions as a group so that learnings are shared. Most teams have weekly meetings, including yours. We value transparency, fluid communication and openness to unexpected collaborations!
As e180 continues to scale, we’ve reached the exciting time to develop new workflows, processes and tools to support our core operational architecture.
The role of the Operations Manager is to ensure the smooth execution of all company operations, and to make internal processes as easy and simple as possible. You will implement tools that the team will use to facilitate their work, and you will be the reference and point of contact of the e180 team for any questions related to operations (accounting, HR, legal, and many other projects).
Finance & Accounting:
- Funding requests;
- Management of the expense accounts;
- Credit card company reconciliation;
- Point of contact for subcontractors and the extended e180 team;
- Cashflow tracking
- Manage and refine e180’s hiring process;
- Draft, maintain and update internal policies;
- Organize team-wide monthly meetings, team activities and annual retreats;
- Manage the e180 office environment and suppliers
- Follow-up with employee legal files (with lawyer);
- Involvement in process of validation of customer contracts;
- Insurance management (corporate and collective);
- Cost analysis, profitability and company KPIs;
- Involvement in privacy and compliance work, such as the SOC2 certification;
- Management of internal tools / licenses;
- Support in e180’s international expansion
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Generalist in Business Administration;
- Relevant experience:
- Project management expertise and hyper-organization
- Team management skills;
- HR and/or accounting expertise
- Comfort engaging in legal projects
Why you’ll love it here
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. These values influence everything from our decision-making process to the ways in which we celebrate one another.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize team happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly gatherings, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. Remote work is also an option for all team members.
You’ll get to travel.
Our team has the opportunity to travel to support—and experience!—Braindate productions all over the world.
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.