- Fluent in English and French
About your team
Your e180 team:
At e180, one of our core values is learning (“Be a knowledge gardener”). We cultivate human potential by enabling our people to learn from one another. We love to create rewarding learning experiences for our employees, clients and our community and want to increase the impact of collaborative learning around the world. We have invented Braindate, our flagship product, which helps people around the world connect with each other and share their knowledge
The Operations Manager reports directly to the CEO as part of a team integrated with all of e180’s core functions. The Operations Manager will work with a team that includes an Operations Coordinator and an HR Manager.
Your work environment will reflect e180: we are very collaborative and curious, and we like to dig into strategic issues as a group so that learning is shared. Most teams have weekly meetings, including yours. We value transparency, fluid communication and openness to unexpected collaborations.
To support its growth, e180 must develop new work methods, more autonomous management processes and implement tools to increase its efficiency.
The role of the Operations Manager is to ensure the smooth running of the company’s operations and to support all employees by simplifying the company’s internal processes. You will select and implement tools, technological or not, and you will be the referent for questions related to their operation in various fields such as finance and accounting, HR, contracts and legal aspects, as well as for several other special projects related to these fields of expertise.
Tasks may include:
Finance and accounting aspects:
- Finance and accounting aspects:
- Apply for financing and other subsidies to support our growth;
- Reconcile corporate credit cards;
- Be the point of contact for sub-contractors in case of escalation related to the payment of their invoices;
- Validate expense accounts and payroll;
- Oversee the billing process;
- Manage the Operations/HR team budget.
- Participate in updates and validations of hiring processes, job descriptions, new employee integration and training;
- Validate the continuation or update of internal policies and programs;
- Manage the Operations/HR team;
- Organize monthly meetings, team activities and annual retreats;
- Ensure a work environment that promotes well being and is aligned with the e180 culture
- Participate in the follow-up of employee immigration files (with lawyer);
- Be involved in the validation process of client contracts;
- Validate insurance coverage and renewal (corporate and group)
- Analyze costs, profitability and key business indicators;
- Be involved in the SOC-2 certification;
- Manage the CRM implementation project;
- Validate internal tools/licenses;
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Do you have generalist experience in Operations and Business Administration and HR? – Wonderful! We look forward to meeting you!
- Do you have a natural ability to gain trust and influence all levels of an organization through authentic, respectful and rewarding relationships? – You will have a significant impact on the team!
- Do you have a collaborative and proactive approach? – Perfect, you’ll fit right in with our team!
- Do you have the confidence to handle sensitive and confidential information? – In your position, this will be essential!
- Do you have a good ability to manage your time and priorities? – Great! You are the person we are looking for!
- Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? – You’ll love working at e180!
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. We invented Braindate, our flagship product, to help people and communities connect and learn from one another. While our product and services have evolved over the years, our mission remains the same: unlocking human greatness by helping people learn from one another.
Why you’ll love it here
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. Our values influence everything from our decision-making processes to the ways in which we celebrate one another. Here are the values that drive us:
- Be a knowledge gardener:
- Share knowledge, grow through learning, and plant the seeds of human greatness.
- Inspire collaboration:
- Bring your creative brain power and change lives. Let’s make a difference together.
- Be fearless:
- Be audacious and autonomous, trust uncertainty, forge your own path, and embrace the journey.
- Lead with love:
- Be kind to yourself and others, and create conditions where everyone can succeed through diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize our team’s happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly game nights, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. Remote work is also an option for all team members.
You’ll get to travel.
Paris, Doha, Berlin – we’ve activated Braindate at iconic events all over the world. Once it’s safe, our team will have the opportunity to travel to support and experience the impact of Braindate productions across the globe.
The great benefits that set us apart:
e180 wants to offer the best conditions, the best environment, the best benefits in addition to the salary. While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to all our full-time employees:
- Unmeasured Vacation: We encourage a good work-life balance. We offer a vacation policy that allows you to be away when you need it and independently manage the impact your absence may have on your team, clients, projects and company goals.
- Insurance: Health care benefits are available to all employees.
- We also provide a health management account of $ 500 / year which could be allocated for what you want (massage, dental, gym, etc.)
- Potential annual bonuses based on business results;
- Remote workspace improvement bonus;
- Learn Quest Program ($1000);
- Benefits programs:
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Bonus;
- Home Internet Connection Bonus;
- Public transit/bixi bonus (to come)
- Financing programs:
- Computer Purchase;
- Remote workspace improvement;
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.