- Part-time (10-15 hr/week) February-mid June 2019; with full-time in May 2019.
- English (fluent); French an asset.
- Start Date:
About your team
You will be working with the Sales and Marketing team in order to deliver a pampering strategy for e180’s cherished clients at C2 Montreal 2019. The ultimate goal of this team is to find and nurture the resources that allow e180’s mission to thrive. We are a certified B Corp: our goal is both to generate revenue as well as to foster social impact through our work.
The Pampering Officer is the ultimate host of e180’s special guests during one of our biggest productions of the year. Our guests attend two important events: an e180-owned, day-long retreat, which is followed by an e180-hosted experience at C2 Montreal. Your focus as Pampering Officer will be to shape the guest experience; to both anticipate and respond to their needs from A to Z, and to go above and beyond to make them feel welcome throughout the events.
The Pampering Officer understands the importance of crafting and communicating clear and timely guidance, so that guests enjoy an unforgettable experience at the two events. This guidance will include providing support to guests in leveraging e180’s own product, Braindate, so that our guests can participate in the Braindate experience at C2. You will work hand-in-hand with the Event Manager on the logistics of our guests’ experience, to ensure that every detail is accounted for.
Tasks may include:
- Managing RSVPs and ticket logistics
- Anticipating guest needs and solving problems on the fly
- Ongoing and timely support by email, over the phone, and in-person
- Understanding and navigating high-touch, unique relationships with each of our treasured guests
- Monitoring our guests’ Braindate activity and executing a strategy to drive their engagement
- Acting as a host during C2 Montreal in e180’s Balcony (from May 22-24)
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Immediate availability
- You are eager to get to know new people and forge new connections to create a sense of community
- You have a curiosity about learning more about people and their needs
- You have a keen attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills