Product Designer – Lab Team
- Full time
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Start date:
About your team
At e180, one of our core values is learning (“Be a knowledge gardener”). We cultivate human potential by enabling our people to learn from one another. We love to create rewarding learning experiences for our employees, clients and our community and want to increase the impact of collaborative learning around the world. We have invented Braindate, our flagship product, which helps people around the world, connect with each other and share their knowledge.
The Lab focuses on developing a new generation of products related to e180’s mission to reinvent how people of all ages learn around the world. The team explores new and innovative product initiatives in a fast pace mode in order to validate key assumptions and elements of a solution and business model, and iterate towards the right mix and fit. We accelerate new product development through rapid prototyping, experimentation and validation, leveraging human-centered design, customer insights and data-informed decisions.
While we don’t believe apps solve all problems in and of themselves, we do believe technology can help create and scale meaningful and magical learning experiences and outcomes. We empathize with learners and customers, in order to design and develop toward solutions that bring value to them. We work iteratively to quickly validate key assumptions and course correct to achieve desired outcomes and business objectives. We care deeply about our mission and impact, and, in the decisions we make, do our best to balance intuition and validation, quality and speed, passion and reason.
The global pandemic has allowed us to reinvent ourselves and take advantage of growth opportunities in new markets. We have segmented our services to meet specific needs into 4 segments; Event, Enterprise, Community and General Public. This position will be dedicated to working in the General Public segment.
As a member of the Lab team, you are involved in all phases of new product development. You will draft and deliver the designs for the initial experience and features of new product initiatives, making sure they zero in on customers’ problems and contexts. You fully and openly share your ideas and points of view to help in order to help in quick decision making.
You deliver designs quickly and help the team continually deploy, learn and iterate. Before delving into the creative process, you make sure you have a solid understanding of the vision, objectives and desired outcomes. You leverage research and adopt processes that help the team create prototypes, experiments and experiences, anchored in the product vision, that address user needs and naturally integrate in their contexts.
- Partner with the product lead to understand the business objectives and context, and own stages of the design process, from concept through delivery
- Through research and data analysis, deepen our understanding of our users quests, needs, contexts and motivations, as well as relevant insights related to the product domain and the users’ experience
- Translate findings and ideas into actionable artifacts, assumptions, documents or recommendations that guide product decisions, design and development
- Make the product come to life by crafting engaging experiences and interactions, in accordance with the product vision.
- Design solutions and provide specs and assets for different phases of the product development project
- Contribute to the teams agile processes and product standards
Interesting? We can’t wait to learn more about skills!
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Do you have the capacity to diverge and converge in a timely manner, and tackle ambiguity? Awesome! You will help us!
- Do you wish to co-create and iterate with other members of the team? We like to collaborate!
- Do you have the ability to organize and facilitate problem solving meetings and workshops? In your position, that will be essential!
- Are you proactive or enthusiastic about user research and testing? You will be welcomed into our team with open arms!
- Do you have an interest in human experience and emotions in design? You will have a significant impact at e180!
- Do you like to focus on creating outcomes for stakeholders? Great! That’ll be a huge plus!
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Learning experience design
- Business model design
- Your own self-directed learning goals
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: unlocking human greatness by helping people learn from one another.
Why you’ll love it here
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. Our values influence everything from our decision-making processes to the ways in which we celebrate one another. Here are the values that drive us:
- Be a knowledge gardener:
- Share knowledge, grow through learning, and plant the seeds of human greatness.
- Inspire collaboration:
- Bring your creative brain power and change lives. Let’s make a difference together.
- Be fearless:
- Be audacious and autonomous, trust uncertainty, forge your own path, and embrace the journey.
- Lead with love:
- Be kind to yourself and others, and create conditions where everyone can succeed through diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize our team’s happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly game nights, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. Remote work is also an option for all team members.
You’ll get to travel.
Paris, Doha, Berlin – we’ve activated Braindate at iconic events all over the world. Once it’s safe, our team will have the opportunity to travel to support and experience the impact of Braindate productions across the globe.
The great benefits that set us apart:
e180 wants to offer the best conditions, the best environment, the best benefits in addition to the salary. While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to all our full-time employees:
- Unmeasured Vacation: We encourage a good work-life balance. We offer a vacation policy that allows you to be away when you need it and independently manage the impact your absence may have on your team, clients, projects and company goals.
- Insurance: Health care benefits are available to all employees.
- We also provide a health management account of $ 500 / year which could be allocated for what you want (massage, dental, gym, etc.)
- Potential annual bonuses based on business results;
- Remote workspace improvement bonus;
- Learn Quest Program ($1000);
- Benefits programs:
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Bonus;
- Home Internet Connection Bonus;
- Public transit/bixi bonus (to come)
- Financing programs:
- Computer Purchase;
- Remote workspace improvement;
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.