Product Designer – Product Team
- Bilingual (English / French)
- Start date:
About your team
Your e180 team:
At e180, one of our core values is learning (“Be a knowledge gardener”). We cultivate human potential by enabling our people to learn from one another. We love to create rewarding learning experiences for our employees, clients and our community and want to increase the impact of collaborative learning around the world. We have invented Braindate, our flagship product, which helps people around the world, connect with each other and share their knowledge.
The product team designs technological solutions and experiences that enable and enhance self-directed and collaborative learning. While we believe technology can be magic, we don’t believe apps solve problems in and of themselves. We empathize with our users, clients, and e180 teams, in order to design and develop solutions that bring value to them. We work iteratively and course correct when needed to achieve desired outcomes, focusing on key problems to solve. We care deeply about our mission and impact, and, in the decisions we make, do our best to balance short vs long-term priorities, quality, speed, scalability… passion and reason.
The global pandemic has allowed us to reinvent ourselves and take advantage of growth opportunities in new markets. We have segmented our services to meet specific needs into 4 segments; Event, Enterprise, Community and General Public. This position will be dedicated to working in the Enterprise & Community segments.
As a member of the product team, you are involved in all phases of product development, focusing on specific mandates of the product team. Before delving into the creative process, you make sure you have a solid understanding of the vision, objectives and desired outcomes. You leverage research and adopt processes that help the team create experiences, anchored in e180’s mission, that address user needs and naturally integrate in their contexts. You seize and create all opportunities to conduct research and tests with users, seek expertise across e180 and propose approaches that contribute to the team’s success and work environment.
Your responsibilities and tasks may include:
- Partner with the Head of Product to understand the business objectives and context, and own stages of the design process, from concept through delivery
- Through research and data analysis, deepen our understanding of our users quests, needs, contexts and motivations, as well as all relevant insights related to the product domain and the users’ experience
- Translate findings into actionable artifacts, assumptions, documents or recommendations that guide product design and development
- Make the product come to life by crafting engaging experiences and interactions, in accordance with e180’s brand, values, principles and personality
- Design solutions for mobile and desktop, for different phases of a product development project, and provide specs and assets needed to develop great experiences and features
- Maintain a scalable design system that will help the team deliver consistent and coherent experiences in collaboration with the other company’s designers
- Contribute to finding tools, standards and processes that contribute to the designers, and Product team’s, performance and engagement.
- Provide support and guidance to other Design initiatives spearheaded by other designers across e180 (Product, Marketing, Experience, etc.)
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Do you like to focus on creating outcomes for stakeholders? Great! That’ll be a huge plus!
- Do you have the capacity to diverge and converge in a timely manner, and tackle ambiguity? Awesome! You will help us!
- Do you desire to co-create and iterate with other members of the product team? We like to collaborate!
- Do you have the ability to organize and facilitate problem solving meetings and workshops? In your position, that will be essential!
- Do you have an enthusiastic and proactive approach to user research and testing? You will be welcomed into our team with open arms!
- Do you have an interest in human experience and emotions in design? You will have a significant impact at e180!
- Are you comfortable with a collaborative process that crosses between teams? You are the person we are looking for!
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Learning experience design
- Ux for AI
- Service design
- Accessibility and inclusivity
- Your own self-directed learning goals
Tiny Tech Stack:
Do you know these different tools? Our team looks forward to learning from your experiences and knowledge!
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: unlocking human greatness by helping people learn from one another.
Why you’ll love it here
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. Our values influence everything from our decision-making processes to the ways in which we celebrate one another. Here are the values that drive us:
- Be a knowledge gardener:
- Share knowledge, grow through learning, and plant the seeds of human greatness.
- Inspire collaboration:
- Bring your creative brain power and change lives. Let’s make a difference together.
- Be fearless:
- Be audacious and autonomous, trust uncertainty, forge your own path, and embrace the journey.
- Lead with love:
- Be kind to yourself and others, and create conditions where everyone can succeed through diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize our team’s happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly game nights, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. Remote work is also an option for all team members.
You’ll get to travel.
Paris, Doha, Berlin – we’ve activated Braindate at iconic events all over the world. Once it’s safe, our team will have the opportunity to travel to support and experience the impact of Braindate productions across the globe.
The great benefits that set us apart:
e180 wants to offer the best conditions, the best environment, the best benefits in addition to the salary. While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to all our full-time employees:
- Unmeasured Vacation: We encourage a good work-life balance. We offer a vacation policy that allows you to be away when you need it and independently manage the impact your absence may have on your team, clients, projects and company goals.
- Insurance: Health care benefits are available to all employees.
- We also provide a health management account of $ 500 / year which could be allocated for what you want (massage, dental, gym, etc.)
- Potential annual bonuses based on business results;
- Remote workspace improvement bonus;
- Learn Quest Program ($1000);
- Benefits programs:
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Bonus;
- Home Internet Connection Bonus;
- Public transit/bixi bonus (to come)
- Financing programs:
- Computer Purchase;
- Remote workspace improvement;
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.