- Full time
- Fluent in English, working French
- Start Date:
- Apply by:
- August 18
About your team
The product team designs technological solutions and experiences that enable and enhance self-directed and collaborative learning. While we believe technology can be magic, we don’t believe apps solve problems in and of themselves. We empathize with our users, clients, and e180 teams, in order to design and develop solutions that bring value to them. We work iteratively and course correct when needed to achieve desired outcomes, focusing on key problems to solve. We care deeply about our mission and impact, and, in the decisions we make, do our best to balance short vs long-term priorities, quality, speed, scalability… passion and reason.
As a member of the product team, you are involved in all phases of product development, focusing on specific mandates of the product team. Before delving into the creative process, you make sure you have a solid understanding of the vision, objectives and desired outcomes. You leverage research and adopt processes that help the team create experiences, anchored in e180’s mission, that address user needs and naturally integrate in their contexts. You seize and create all opportunities to conduct research and tests with users, seek expertise across e180 and propose approaches that contribute to the team’s success and work environment.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Partner with the product manager to understand the business objectives and context, and own stages of the design process, from concept through delivery.
- Through research and data analysis, deepen our understanding of our users quests, needs, contexts and motivations, as well as all relevant insights related to the product domain and the users’ experience.
- Translate findings into actionable artifacts, assumptions, documents or recommendations that guide product design and development.
- Make the product come to life by crafting engaging experiences and interactions, in accordance with e180’s brand, values, principles and personality.
- Design solutions for for mobile and desktop, for different phases of a product development project, and provide specs and assets needed to develop great experiences and features.
- Contribute in structuring and evolving our design guidelines, practices and processes.
Your next six months may include:
- Prototyping and iterating on e180’s brand new offerings.
- Delivering the first set of features for our clients’ community management tool.
- Designing world class experiences that integrate into the flow of work and events.
- Designing solutions leveraging our ongoing R&D AI project.
- Improving the onboarding experience for our current product, on mobile and desktop.
- Refining and Implementing the new theme and design system.
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Capacity to diverge and converge in a timely manner, and tackle ambiguity.
- Desire to co-create and iterate with other members of the product team.
- Ability to organize and facilitate problem solving meetings and workshops.
- Enthusiasm and proactive approach to user research and testing.
- Interest for human experience and emotions in design.
- Collaboration process that crosses between teams.
- Focus on creating outcomes for stakeholders
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Learning experience design
- Ux for AI
- Service design
- Accessibility and inclusivity
- Your own self-directed learning goals
Tiny Tech Stack:
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: to transform the way that humans learn.
Why you’ll love it here:
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. These values influence everything from our decision-making process to the ways in which we celebrate one another.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize team happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly gatherings, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. Remote work is also an option for all team members.
You’ll get to travel.
Our team has the opportunity to travel to support—and experience!—Braindate productions all over the world.
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.