- Python ;) but also bilingual (French & English)
- Libraries & Tools:
- JIRA, Hiptest, Selenium Webdriver, Locust, BitBucket
- Start date:
As part of the Digital Skills for Youth Program coordinated by Communautique, e180 is looking for Junior QA to complete our team.
About your team
Your e180 team:
At e180, one of our core values is learning (“Be a knowledge gardener”). We cultivate human potential by enabling our people to learn from one another. We love to create rewarding learning experiences for our employees, clients and our community and want to increase the impact of collaborative learning around the world. We have invented Braindate, our flagship product, which helps people around the world, connect with each other and share their knowledge.
QA Analyst works with the development (‘Dev’) team which maintains and iterates on Braindate, including the client-supporting tool, and other emerging products. The team defines best coding practices within e180 and stays up-to-date in the ever-evolving field. They work hard to create a development culture that is dependable, scalable and agile.
Your team’s rituals and ways of working together
Each member of the development team is autonomous and has the option of working remotely (we do suggest a regular presence in the office) but communicates with the team on a daily basis. Our projects are split between a Scrum approach and a Kanban approach to stay in sync with our development pace.
We are dedicated to creating pretty code that is documented, tested, and reads like prose to any other developer. Quality code makes for scalable projects and happy developers who feel accountable for maintaining it. We use the RICE prioritization framework to determine what’s the next most important bug to fix or task to complete.
We conduct regular optimization audits (run speed tests to identify bottlenecks and solve them) and meet weekly for peer-to-peer code review so that we are continually learning from the diverse talent on the team.
There can be rush periods when we need to expedite a fix or feature work: as the QA, we’re relying on you to be the guardian of quality and hold the developers and product team accountable to delivering stable and well-performing features.
Did our rituals and teamwork speak to you? Fabulous! You will like working with our team.
You will be in charge of testing the new features for the e180 braindate platform and dashboard, investigating the issues, and working closely with the Development team to make sure that releases go out smoothly. Your daily tasks will include testing the platform, creating and following test plans, developing and maintaining automation suites and creating new quality processes for the cycle of development.
Feeling ready for this opportunity? We can’t wait to meet you!
Skills and knowledges that can make the difference:
- Do you have experience in web development or understanding how to debug web platforms (reading an HTTP request, understanding the console, etc.)? Awesome! You will help us a lot!
- Do you have basic knowledge or interest in learning Python? We speak the same language!
- Do you have strong problem solving skills? In your position, it will be essential!
- Do you have good written and oral communication skills in English (Functional in French)? That’ll be amazing!
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Do you have experience with test automation tools? Perfect!
- Do you have experience with Locust or other load testing tool? Very practical!
- Do you have good communication skills in explaining the context for a bug? You will stand out!
- Do you have experience in setting up a QA team or bringing QA best practices into our development cycle? Awesome! We are ready to meet you!
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about
- Selenium Webdriver and other tools to automate testing
- Locust load testing for APIs
- Python in general
- Performance testing and data gathering
- Your own self-directed learning goals!
Eligibility criteria of the program:
The employee must meet the eligibility criteria of the Youth Program coordinated by Communautique:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old
- Have completed post-secondary studies
- Have the legal right to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with refugee status in Canada
- Not receive employment insurance (EI)
- Self-assess as underemployed, that is, employed below their level of education or holding a part-time job
- Not have already participated in a digital skills for youth program.
** The position includes training coordinated by Communautique **
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: unlocking human greatness by helping people learn from one another.
Why you’ll love it here
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. Our values influence everything from our decision-making processes to the ways in which we celebrate one another. Here are the values that drive us:
- Be a knowledge gardener:
- Share knowledge, grow through learning, and plant the seeds of human greatness.
- Inspire collaboration:
- Bring your creative brain power and change lives. Let’s make a difference together.
- Be fearless:
- Be audacious and autonomous, trust uncertainty, forge your own path, and embrace the journey.
- Lead with love:
- Be kind to yourself and others, and create conditions where everyone can succeed through diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize our team’s happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly game nights, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. Remote work is also an option for all team members.
You’ll get to travel.
Paris, Doha, Berlin – we’ve activated Braindate at iconic events all over the world. Once it’s safe, our team will have the opportunity to travel to support and experience the impact of Braindate productions across the globe.
The great benefits that set us apart:
e180 wants to offer the best conditions, the best environment, the best benefits in addition to the salary. While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to all our full-time employees:
- Unmeasured Vacation: We encourage a good work-life balance. We offer a vacation policy that allows you to be away when you need it and independently manage the impact your absence may have on your team, clients, projects and company goals.
- Insurance: Health care benefits are available to all employees.
- We also provide a health management account of $ 500 / year which could be allocated for what you want (massage, dental, gym, etc.)
- Potential annual bonuses based on business results;
- Remote workspace improvement bonus;
- Learn Quest Program ($1000);
- Benefits programs:
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Bonus;
- Home Internet Connection Bonus;
- Public transit/bixi bonus (to come)
- Financing programs:
- Computer Purchase;
- Remote workspace improvement;
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.