Sales Development Representative
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Start date:
About your team
Your e180 team:
At e180, one of our core values is learning (We “Learn Out Loud”). We cultivate human potential by enabling our people to learn from one another. We love to create rewarding and caring learning experiences for our employees, clients and our community and want to increase the impact of collaborative learning around the world.
We’re not your typical sales team. That’s because e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: to transform the way that humans learn. The sales team’s pivotal role is to find and close the right clients and partners to help us do just that.
The global pandemic has allowed us to reinvent ourselves and take advantage of growth opportunities in new markets. We have segmented our services to meet specific needs into 4 segments; Events, Organizations, Community and General Public. This position will help us, among other things, to achieve our growth plan by generating opportunities that fit our ideal customer profile.
Your role in this journey?
Your mission will be to identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer to determine the need for our Braindate services and establish the best prospecting strategies. You’ll do this by researching events, communities and companies that strive to bring more meaningful opportunities to connect within a group of people. Your role will revolve around using prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects.
Are you stimulated to find the most valuable opportunities? You are the person we are looking for!
As a Business Development Representative, your biggest challenge will be to identify the individuals within the target organizations that would be best positioned to start the exploration process with one of our Account Managers. Your work will ensure that our Account Managers have a healthy pipeline of promising opportunities. Finally, you’ll be working closely with the AMs to keep track of what opportunities were the most valuable and use that data to improve your approach to reaching out.
Extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Do you have an educational background in business or similar? – We can’t wait to meet you!
- Do you have years (one at least) of relevant professional experience in business development or have your life experiences allowed you to develop the equivalent knowledge? – We want to hear from you!
- Do you have the ability to work autonomously while eager to contribute to team goals? – You’ll fit right in!
- Do you consider yourself to be a lifelong learner and have the desire to always grow? – You’ll love working with us!
- Do you have experience in the event industry and/or the tech sector? – It will be a great asset!
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Client account acquisition, management and growth
- End-to-end sales cycles
- Get ready to become our online sales guru as we launch new offers at scale.
- Using business as a force for good
- Growth and scaling business strategy
- Event design and participant experience
- Your own self-directed learning goals
Our team also looks forward to learning from your experiences and knowledge!
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. We invented Braindate, our flagship product, to help people and communities connect and learn from one another. While our product and services have evolved over the years, our mission remains the same: to transform the way that humans learn.
Why you’ll love it here:
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. These values influence everything from our decision-making process to the ways in which we celebrate one another. For example, one of our core values is “Love and Kindness” so we strive to create a safe and nurturing culture where all our employees can thrive.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize our team’s happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly game nights, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. While we have made office space available to our employees in Montreal, you can also choose to work 100% remotely.
You’ll get to travel.
Paris, Doha, Berlin – we’ve activated Braindate at iconic events all over the world. Once it’s safe, our team will have the opportunity to travel to support and experience the impact of Braindate productions across the globe.
The great benefits that set us apart:
e180 wants to offer the best conditions, the best environment, the best benefits in addition to the salary. While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to all our full-time employees:
- Unmeasured Vacation: We encourage a good work-life balance. We offer a vacation policy that allows you to be away when you need it and independently manage the impact your absence may have on your team, clients, projects and company goals
- Insurance: Health care benefits are available to all employees
- We also provide a health management account of $ 500 / year which could be allocated for what you want (massage, dental, gym, etc.)
- Potential annual bonuses based on business results
- Remote workspace improvement bonus
- Learn Quest Program ($1000)
- Benefits programs:
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Bonus
- Home Internet Connection Bonus
- Public transit/bixi bonus (to come)
- Financing programs:
- Computer Purchase
- Remote workspace improvement
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.