- English (fluent), French (an asset)
- Start date:
About your team
The Product Team’s mission is to find ways to incorporate the values of self-directed and collaborative learning into e180’s technology. This means that, while we are inspired by other companies and apps, we don’t believe that apps solve problems in and of themselves— it matters what kind of research and intention we put into our technology-powered products.
Your team’s rituals and ways of working together
The Product Team is outcomes-oriented and works from problems to solve, not solutions to be built. It’s a highly collaborative team of developers and designers whose work is deeply interconnected with research. Our job is about empathy for our end users but also for the other teams at e180 as we build internal products to help scale the impact of our team. We are a remote agile team and defer to working with Kanban workflows. You’ll be working closely with our Developers who care deeply about their work and help reinforce how their work is connected to our mission.
This role is pivotal in helping the Product Team anticipate the types of products and improvements that will accelerate our ability to create transformative learning experiences for our users and clients. Internally, it’s focused on formalizing and cultivating a thriving user research culture, where company-wide testing and empathy for our users is a given. You’ll be propelling the Product Team’s work by creating high quality user interface mockups and reporting usability test results so that they can channel that knowledge back into our products. Moreover, your role includes contributing to e180’s Information Architecture, Design Standards, UX Guidelines and UX Patterns within projects in our company.
Our products are built for a wide audience and our clients are based in cities all over the world. This role will involve going onsite to validate hypotheses with real participants in order to build upon our knowledge of the user journey.
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- A strong sense that collaboration has a direct relationship with design quality
- A deep interest in alleviating the pain points of our customers: from the business case to the use case
- The ability to think about problems before creating solutions
- Experience with web apps
- Experience / Interest in interaction design
- A strong interest in information architecture systems
- Willingness to join full time and be Montreal based
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with Jira, InVision, Sketch
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Interaction design
- Rapid prototyping
- Working in a high growth team
- Working on pain points linked to behavioural change
- Your own self-directed learning goals!