(Virtual) Learning Concierge
- Montreal or remote within North America
- Experience :
- Entry Level
- English, working French
- Bonus Skills:
- Experience with customer support roles
- Start Date:
About your team
Virtual Learning Concierges are part of the Experience Team, which designs and delivers transformative learning experiences for e180’s clients through our primary product, Braindate. The Experience team plays a crucial contributing role to e180’s evolution, as they are the primary implementers of the Braindate experience in collaboration with large scale event organizers. Not only that, the Experience Team is responsible for guiding our clients through a learning experience of their own as we work together to deliver something meaningful to their communities.
Your team’s rituals and ways of working together
The Experience team is highly collaborative – we see ourselves as supporting the clients and braindate users as a team. We all share in the successes and the improvements that need to be made to our processes. We value transparency and accountability so that we can proactively problem-solve. We care about delivering a quality experience consistently.
The virtual learning concierges primary role is to support participants actively in making the most out of their braindate experience, including: setting their learning intentions, discovering the knowledge they can share with others, finding the right conversations they want to take part in, and helping with all tech support. Supporting participants is done through a customer service portal via chat.
Wondering what that looks like? Read this fantastic piece on virtual hospitality written by one of our amazing learning concierges.
The virtual learning concierge is also responsible for setting up the chat system and analysing and reporting results and making improvements to processes to best help the users.
Depending on the volume of chat needs, the learning concierge will also act as a support to the experience team in general who help our clients with best practices and technical solutions.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Work hours must be flexible and can vary greatly as we work for the event industry and events can at times be held outside of the 9-5 Monday-Friday hours. Any hours spent outside normal business hours will be ‘taken back’ by nor working at other times when there are no events.
- Customer support on a chat platform
- Being proactive in helping people feel safe and welcome, as well as helping people make the most of this peer-learning experience
- Setting a learning intention: help people verbalize what they would like to achieve, this will give them intention so they have the right conversations to learn what’s important to them.
- Defining topics: Help people unlock their unique and valuable knowledge – everyone has knowledge/ experience that can change another’s life
- Booking braindates: Understand what challenges the individual has – what do they want to learn? Help people find relevant topics that can help them achieve their learning objectives
- Assisting the hosts of group braindates: Are they new to this? Ask them if they need a couple of tips to feel comfortable, and let them know they can even reach out during their group braindate if they feel they need support!
- General support: tech support with the platform, finding alternate braindates, etc
- Set-up the chat system
- Analyse and report on the chat system
- Support the experience team as needed
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
Being curios about the world, having an empathetic character, and a very real human tone and a desire to help!
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Travelling—to exciting places for Braindate productions
- Collaborative learning in action!
e180 was founded as a social enterprise, and today, e180 is a certified (and award-winning!) B Corporation. This means that we’ve made a public commitment to leveraging our business to make a measurable difference in the world. Our flagship product, Braindate, has evolved over the years, but our mission remains the same: to transform the way that humans learn.
Why you’ll love it here:
We are value-driven.
Both our work and our company culture are rooted in a set of key beliefs and commitments that we came up with and revisit together. These values influence everything from our decision-making process to the ways in which we celebrate one another.
Our team’s well-being and growth is a top priority.
We designed our environment to prioritize team happiness and health—from our rituals (like our monthly gatherings, regular celebrations, and bi-annual company-wide retreats) to our space (a bright, plant-filled office in the heart of Montreal’s Mile End) to the healthcare that we offer to all employees.
You’ll get to learn.
Each team member gets to choose a personal Learning Quest to pursue. You’ll receive a budget, personal support, and ample time (100 hours a year) to explore your Quest.
You’re in charge of your time—and where you spend it.
We encourage you to self-manage your work schedule to best accommodate your life and commitments. Remote work is also an option for all team members.
You’ll get to travel.
Our team has the opportunity to travel to support—and experience!—Braindate productions all over the world.
Our commitment to diversity means propelling it. As a certified B Corporation in the world of technology, we believe that it’s our responsibility to actively foster a welcoming environment for those who might not feel included or represented elsewhere in this sector. As such, we strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, national origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and abilities to apply.