Quality Assurance Analyst
- Libraries and Tools:
- IRA, Hiptest, Selenium Webdriver, Locust, BitBucket
About your team
The QA Analyst works with the development (‘Dev’) team which maintains and iterates on e180’s flagship product Braindate, including the client-supporting tool, and other emerging products. The team defines best coding practices within e180 and stays up-to-date in the ever-evolving field. They work hard to create a development culture that is dependable, scalable and agile.
You will be in charge of testing the new features for the e180 braindate platform and dashboard, investigating the issues, and working closely with the Development team to make sure that releases go out smoothly. Your daily tasks will include testing the platform, creating and following test plans, developing and maintaining automation suites and creating new quality processes for the cycle of development.
You’ll also be working with our Customer Success Manager to establish workarounds that our event producers and clients can use when we don’t have a straightforward fix or solution in place for a reported issue.
Your team’s rituals and ways of working together
Each member of the development team is autonomous and has the option of working remotely (we do suggest a regular presence in the office) but communicates with the team on a daily basis. Our projects are split between a Scrum approach and a Kanban approach to stay in sync with our development pace.
We are dedicated to creating pretty code that is documented, tested, and reads like prose to any other developer. Quality code makes for scalable projects and happy developers who feel accountable for maintaining it. We use the RICE prioritization framework to determine what’s the next most important bug to fix or task to complete.
We conduct regular optimization audits (run speed tests to identify bottlenecks and solve them) and meet weekly for peer-to-peer code review so that we are continually learning from the diverse talent on the team.
There can be rush periods when we need to expedite a fix or feature work: as the QA, we’re relying on you to be the guardian of quality and hold the developers and product team accountable to delivering stable and well-performing features.
- Experience in web development or understanding how to debug web platforms (reading an HTTP request, understanding the console, etc.)
- Basic knowledge or interest in learning Python
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills in English (French is a plus)
Some extra qualities that will set you apart:
- Experience with test automation tools
- Experience with Locust or other load testing tool
- Good communication skills in explaining the context for an bug
- Experience in setting up a QA team or bringing QA best practices into our development cycle
You’ll have the opportunity to further your knowledge about:
- Selenium Webdriver and other tools to automate testing
- Locust load testing for APIs
- Python in general
- Performance testing and data gathering
- Your own self-directed learning goals!